A Note To The Beloved Mr. Market


After close to 4 years, I would like to take this opportunity to Thank You, Mr. Market for giving me this opportunity to know you better. Knowing how your greatness and holiness way of mastering the economics of the universe, you can have the entire world at your feet. The world revolves around how you handle the microeconomics leading to the nitty gritty of life, down to the essence of food, transport, income and even taxes.

I have decided to write you a note to express my enormous gratitude for allowing me to know you on a deeper level. When I was young, I have always noticed you on television and on newspapers but I had never really understood who you were until several years ago when I started to look at my financial health. I used to wonder if those reported numbers were really important and if everyone else were as clueless as me. DOW, SPY, NASDAQ... what the F*** were these? How are they even related to my life?

When the newscaster read out the numbers in percentages with either a rise or fall, these numbers were they referring to? Thinking back, I wonder why didn't I ask anyone?

"Hello! Can someone please explain to me, why is this segment even on the news?"

In fact, this question remained unanswered for most of my life...

The truth is... even if I had actually asked the question, would anyone be able to answer it? If they reported these numbers on the news and on the printed papers, they had got to be important to someone? The question is to who? Honestly, if the numbers did not affect me, it was not there and life still goes on.

This change when I was 37 years old.

After getting to know you, I have bestow myself with a life full of possibilities and opportunities. I begin to embrace you into my life, not a single day have I not gone trying to understand you better. For 4 years, I will read about you, I will study about you, I will try my best to comprehend you. You will be the first thing that I see when I opened my eyes and certainly the last thing I stay connected before I go to bed. However, some days are really hard to pass, especially after a draw down but there are days where my spirits will fly rocket high. After getting to know you, I describe my life as a roller coaster.

While I do not appreciate the highs and lows of you, I hope that with passing time, I will be able to better manage my feelings towards you. Over the last few months, you have shown that anything is possible in the stock market. The market continues to break all time high again and again with vast speculation of a forming bubble. Let's see what other surprises you can bring to 2024. Bring it on!

**If you are reading this, I know it is hard for you to understand what I had gone through. Just 5 personal viewpoints which I preach:

1) I can bring you to the temple but you must be willing to go inside.

2) Ask any investor and they will tell you that they wish that they had started earlier.

3) I can teach you everything you need to know about driving but you have to drive the car by yourself.

4) Everything that we do, starts with a thought.

5) Without learning, there will be no success.

How hard to do want it?

About The Contributor

Ben is not financially trained. He is not a certified financial planner and he does not sell any insurance or investment plans. He is not financially motivated by any entities to produce this blog. He just want his friends to know more about money management and not have anyone fall between the social cracks. Nope, he is not a millionaire though he aims to be financially free before 50 years old. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Investment Mistakes That I Have Made So That You Don't Have To!

3 Years And Counting...

One more year... and 6 more to go.